Diana M. Lockshin
TEL: (202) 310-5543
FAX: (202) 310-5555
2020 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20036
Diana Lockshin is an energetic and experienced litigator who focuses on health law, professional, and general liability.
During law school, Diana worked as a Rule 16 Student Attorney for the National Association of the Deaf as part of her clinics. She also served as the Asper Fellow in the Office of the Attorney General’s Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation. She was a University of Maryland School of Law Leadership Scholar from 2010 to 2013 and also volunteered as a peer advisor and on the Joint Student-Faculty Administrative Committee.
Diana joined Carr Maloney in 2015 after working at DermAssociates, PC as legal counsel and as a law clerk for the Honorable Paul A. Hackner in the Circuit Court for Arundel County.
A native of Colombia, Diana holds dual citizenship in her country of birth and the United States. She grew up speaking Spanish, and she is also proficient in Portuguese. Her professional experience includes negotiation, risk management, trial contracts, and regulatory compliance. She also offers English-Spanish translation and interpretation services in her work.
Diana’s clients rely on her to advocate competently, thoroughly, and effectively on their behalf. Her colleagues trust her analytical skills, ability to understand the nuances of complex legal issues, effective communication skills in speaking and writing, and team spirit.
Diana is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association, American Bar Association, American Health Lawyers’ Association, and Hispanic National Bar Association.
As Legal Counsel, Contracts, Budgets, and Compliance for the DermAssociates, PC, Clinical Trials Center, Diana:
- Led contract and budget negotiation and administration, risk management, and operational streamlining for all clinical trial operations.
- Successfully negotiated more than $1 million in contract grants.
- Managed a full budget administration for various trial contracts, totaling more than $3.5 million.
- Provided advice on legal issues related to regulatory compliance and standards of care
- Co-author, “Bathroom Bills and What They Mean For Employers: A Legal Resource,” Carr Maloney’s Legally Speaking, July 2016
- Co-author, “Compliance Strategies For Federal Government Contractors Under OFCCP Sex Bias Rules,” Carr Maloney’s Legally Speaking, July 2016
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
Diana volunteers with People, Animals, Love (PAL), working as part of a certified therapy dog team with her dog Oliver. PAL brings comfort and companionship to individuals in nursing homes, mental health facilities, hospitals, and libraries. Her hobbies include spending time with family and friends, orchid culture, cooking and gardening.