M. Therese Waymel
TEL: (202) 310-5587
FAX: (202) 310-5555
2020 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006
Therese Waymel focuses her practice on civil litigation, commercial litigation, insurance coverage, personal injury, premises liability, professional malpractice and medical malpractice.
Therese is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society. While at the George Mason School of Law, she served as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Lisa Mayne in the 19th Judicial District in Fairfax County, Virginia and as a Legal Intern for the Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office. She was instrumental in the establishment of the Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project as Program Director for the Virginia Bar Association Pro Bono Society.
Following her graduation from law school, Therese litigated a high volume of complex personal injury and medical malpractice cases throughout state and federal courts in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. She has assisted in the defense of members of the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department Fraternal Order of Police in various stages of matters before the Office of Police Complaints, the Public Employee Relations Board and the Office of Employee Appeals.REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE
- Defended client in a multi-million dollar catastrophic injury claim involving complex legal issues concerning employer duties, employee duties and the workers compensation exclusivity rule.
- Served as local counsel for out-of-state law firm to assist with and facilitate the adjudication and resolution of a multi-million-dollar claim involving fatalities and catastrophic injuries of more than fifteen claimants, including minors.
- Represented defendants in various complex civil litigation claims and participated in the negotiation and drafting of complex releases and matters related to mandatory lienholders.
- Represented individuals in premises liability and general liability jury trials in Maryland and Virginia.
- Co-Author, “Complexities of Defending a Professional at Trial,” For The Defense, March 2019
- Author, “D.C. Circuit Addresses Telephone Consumer Protection Act,” Carr Maloney’s Legally Speaking, October 2017
District of Columbia
US District Courts
District of Columbia
District of Maryland
Eastern District of Virginia
George Mason University School of Law, JD,
Purdue University, BA
Defense Research Institute
District of Columbia State Bar
Fairfax Bar Association
Maryland State Bar Association (Litigation Section)
State Bar of Maryland
Virginia State Bar