Brian O’Shea is a litigation attorney who focuses his practice on business litigation, complex litigation, class actions, and professional liability.
Prior to joining Carr Maloney, Brian was a Law Clerk to the Honorable Crystal Dixon Mittelstaedt, Associate Judge for the Circuit Court for Prince George’s County, Seventh Judicial Circuit of Maryland. As Judge Mittelstaedt’s law clerk, Brian authored multiple written legal opinions in civil and criminal post-conviction proceedings involving allegedly illegal sentences and ineffective assistance of counsel.
Brian graduated from the George Washington University Law School with honors, where he was on the Editorial Board for the Federal Communications Law Journal and published “A New Method to Address Cyberbullying in the United States.” He was also a member of the National Security Law Association and the Criminal Law Society. While attending Law School, Brian was a Law Clerk for both the District of Columbia Office of the Attorney General and the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia.
Brian graduated summa cum laude with an undergraduate degree in Politics from Saint Anselm College, where he received the President’s Award for Academic Excellence and was a member of the Pi Sigma Alpha, Delta Epsilon Sigma, and Pi Gamma Mu national honor societies.
George Washington University Law School
JD with honors
Saint Anselm College
BA, summa cum laude
- Contributing Author, Carr Maloney’s The Class Action Blog
- Co-author, “Tesla Ruling Leaves Self-Driving Liabilities Questions Open,” Law 360, November 12, 2020
- “Will You Be Next? Protecting Your Business Against Cyber Attacks,” The Washington Business Journal, September 27, 2019
- Author, “A New Method to Address Cyberbullying in the United States: The Application of a Notice-and-Takedown Model as a Restriction on Cyberbullying Speech ,” Federal Communications Law Journal, 2017.
- Speaker on Carr Maloney’s COVID-cast
- “Heightened Scrutiny in Class Action Settlements,” AM Best Insurance Podcast, August 27, 2019
- “The Future of Class Action,” AM Best Insurance Podcast, April 8, 2019
District of Columbia
U.S. District Courts
District of Columbia
- D.C. State Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland