Samantha Lewis focuses her practice on professional liability, Directors’ and Officers’ liability, employment and labor law, and commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Carr Maloney P.C., Samantha was an associate attorney at a boutique law firm representing an array of investors in connection with transactional matters. She conducted third-party due diligence reviews in a variety of securities transactions involving closed-end funds, business development companies, real estate investment trusts, and programs structured to qualify as like-kind exchanges under Internal Revenue Code Section 1031.
Samantha is a graduate of the George Washington University Law School, where she was a member of the Federal Circuit Bar Journal and the Forum on Law, Economics, & Finance. Additionally, Samantha was a selected participant of the Alliance of Securities and Financial Educators Program.
While attending law school, Samantha was a law clerk at the United States Department of the Treasury, Office of Privacy and Civil Liberties, where she published Treasury Directive 81-08, “Certification Process for the Use of Persistent Cookies on Treasury Websites,” to reflect updated guidance from the Office of Management and Budget. Additionally, she was an intern with the Financial Services Risk and Regulatory Practice of a “Big Four” accounting firm and a law clerk with the United States Department of Justice, Commercial Litigation Branch, Fraud Section, where she assisted in False Claims Act litigation in the healthcare, mortgage lending, and government contract sectors.
Samantha graduated from Boston University with undergraduate degrees in Economics and Political Science and a minor in Business Administration and Management. Currently, Samantha mentors Boston University students through the study abroad program in Washington, DC.
The George Washington University Law School
- Contributing Author, Carr Maloney’s The Class Action Blog
- Speaker on Carr Maloney’s COVID-cast
- “Leveraging Rule 68 Offers of Judgment in Settlement Negotiations,” Lorman Webinar, January 23, 2020
- “Leveraging Rule 68 Offers of Judgment in Settlement Negotiations,” Lorman Webinar, September 13, 2019
- “Heightened Scrutiny in Class Action Settlements,” AM Best Insurance Podcast, August 27, 2019
District of Columbia
U.S. District Courts
District of Columbia
Southern District of West Virginia
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- New York State Bar Association