Carr Maloney values and encourages diversity and affirmatively solicits applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, veteran’s status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Our Firm’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Carr Maloney has one goal – client success. We recruit professionals who reinforce our ability to offer our clients the best legal services in the Mid-Atlantic region. Attorneys and staff who join our firm quickly learn that we encourage teamwork, innovation, effective communication and personal success.
We recruit attorneys at every stage of their legal career, ranging from recent law school graduates to attorneys with years of complex trial experience. In contrast to larger firms, we give our Associates significant opportunities and responsibilities early in their careers.
We also understand that in addition to building their careers, all of our employees have personal lives outside the firm. Carr Maloney is committed to a culture where lawyers and staff function at their best both professionally and personally.
We offer a full range of benefits for all employees. Our employee benefits include:
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Programs
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dependent Care Program
- On-site gym
Civil Litigation Associate
Carr Maloney PC, one of the area’s premier law firms, seeks a highly motivated and enthusiastic litigation associate to join its practice.
Interested candidates should have 1 – 3 years of private law firm experience in depositions, discovery and motions practice. Some trial, arbitration and settlement negotiation experience is preferred.
The position affords the opportunity to handle all aspects of trial preparation from the inception of the matter through completion, including depositions, motions, hearings, mediations, and trial.
Candidates must have strong academic credentials, research, and writing skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be detail-oriented and able to handle a busy caseload.
Candidates must be licensed VA, MD and/or DC. Candidates licensed in West Virginia will also be considered.
The firm offers a competitive salary and robust benefits program, including bonus opportunities, flexible spending account, and 401(k).
Carr Maloney, PC is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. It is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Send resume, writing sample, transcript and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Carr Maloney provides comprehensive legal advice and representation for the most challenging legal issues in the DC Metro area. We are looking for a legal assistant to join our litigation team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a sophisticated litigation practice and work in a dynamic, expanding and team-oriented atmosphere while enjoying the benefits of the DC Metro area. The firm has recently moved to a new location at 2000 Pennsylvania Avenue. Employees enjoy the many advantages offered at this location such as the Western Market Food Court, new gym and rooftop community space.
- Provide general office support for litigation attorneys, for example: maintain and organize files, photocopy, maintain calendars, assist with trial preparation, interact with clients, prepare expense reports, submit invoices for payment, schedule travel, coordinate meetings, calls and conferences to include ordering meals, scheduling conference rooms, and room set up.
- Set up new clients and matters in the billing system.
- Prepare correspondence, documents and presentations; take responsibility for formatting, consistency and accuracy on time-sensitive, high-profile documents.
- Calculate and calendar court deadlines.
- Format, proofread, and finalize detailed correspondence, pleadings, and other legal documents; prepare and finalize basic correspondence and other documents as necessary.
- Establish and maintain paper and electronic filing systems; classify, sort and file correspondence, records, and other documents.
- File pleadings in state and federal trial courts, courts of appeals, and Supreme Courts; communicate with court staff, as necessary; keep current with changes in court rules and filing procedures
- Provide support for the firm’s monthly billing process, track attorney time records and billing.
- 4+ years of experience as a legal assistant • Litigation experience in a private law firm setting
- High level of proficiency with Word, iManage and Outlook, working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Must possess a willingness to learn and exhibit flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as to work independently
Competitive salary and full benefits. Please apply to email@example.com including a resume and a cover letter stating your pay requirements, and your qualifications for this position.
Carr Maloney is dedicated to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting outstanding lawyers, professionals and staff with diverse backgrounds and experiences to lead our clients forward and achieve client success.