With the rapid growth of COVID-19, the laws and rules of employment matters are constantly evolving and changing. Carr Maloney’s Employment and Labor Practice Group is here to provide useful resources for employers on how COVID-19 is affecting various aspects of employment law and how different jurisdictions are addressing the outbreak.
There will be new governmental measures each day. Employers should consult with counsel for the latest developments and updated guidance on this topic. Please feel free to reach out to our Employment and Labor Practice Group partners with any questions during this time.
Strategies For Your Business: How Employers Should Plan and Respond to Coronavirus
- “The Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Frequently Asked Questions Based Upon The New (4/1/2020) DOL Regulations”
- “Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program”
- “Federal and Local Government Aim to Protect Small Businesses During COVID-19”
- “Phase III of the Federal Coronavirus Relief Legislation Signed into Law”
- “How To Complete The Form I-9 in The COVID-19 Telework Environment”
- “What You Need To Know About Expanded Unemployment Benefits in Response to COVID-19 in DC, Maryland, and Virginia”
National COVID-19 Resources
- April 6, 2020 Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program Loans Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- DOL Paid Leave Regulations
- Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Application Program- (4/3/2020)
- US Department of Treasury: “Assistance For Small Businesses”
- US Small Business Administration: “Disaster Loan Assistance”
- US Senate Committee: “The Small Business Owner’s Guide to CARES Act”
- US Chamber of Commerce: “Coronavirus Emergency Loans- Small Business Guide and Checklist”
- DOL: “Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice – Frequently Asked Questions”
- DOL Poster for Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- DOL: “COVID-19 and the American Workplace”
- DOL: “Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers”
- DOL: “Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employer Expanded Family and Medical Leave Requirements”
- EEOC: “What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19”
Regional COVID-19 Resources
- DC Orders Closure of All Non-Essential Businesses
- Virginia’s “Governor Northam Orders Statewide Closure of Certain Non-Essential Businesses, K-12 Schools”
- Maryland COVID-19 Order and List of Businesses Excluded
Maryland Court Administrative Orders
- April 3, 2020 Expanding Statewide Judiciary Restricted Operations Due to the COVID-19 Emergency
- April 3, 2020 Emergency Tolling or Suspension of Statutes of Limitations and Statutory and Rules Deadlines
- April 3, 2020 Expanding the Statewide Suspension of Jury Trials and Suspending Grand Juries
- April 2, 2020 Notification About Court Filings and Deadlines-
Letter from Administrative Judge Regarding Processing of Criminal and Civil Filings and Civil Scheduling Order Deadlines in The Circuit Court for Prince George’s County
For more Maryland court updates, please click here.
Virginia Court Administrative Orders
For more Virginia court updates, please click here.
District of Columbia Court Administrative Orders
For more District of Columbia court updates, please click here.