Washington, D.C. (July 11, 2023): Dennis Quinn is presenting in VA CLE’s 12th Annual Avoiding Legal Malpractice Seminar 2023 on September 7, 2023, at 11 AM – 1 PM EST live webcast and live on-site at Virginia CLE Building. This interactive lecture-style program will provide an overview of common legal malpractice claims.
Attendees will successfully learn how to select clients, manage the engagement and non-engagement of clients, and how to terminate a client relationship properly. The webinar will also cover avoiding conflicts of interest, malpractice claims from a dissatisfied client, fee disputes, missed deadlines, untimely notice of claims to the insurer, and falling victim to Internet scams and poor lawyering. Additional covered topics are set to include:
- Frequency and severity of legal malpractice claims
- The most common causes of legal malpractice claims
- The most common practice areas generating legal malpractice claims and why
- Issues with lateral hires and law firm mergers
- Conflicts recognition and resolution among affiliated companies
- Management of conflicts and waivers for outside counsel
- Protection of client confidence and communications
- Whistleblower actions
- Technology and cybersecurity concerns for in-house counsel
- Corporate misconduct
To register, please visit the registration page on VA CLE’s website.