Washington, D.C. (September 1, 2020): Partner, Thomas L. McCally and Senior VP/ Director, Professional Services at CBM, Judy Barnhard will be presenting in a webinar titled, “Adjusting to The Teleworking Environment: Tax and Employment Laws to Consider” on September 12, 2020, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EST.
Join Thomas L. McCally and Judy Barnhard, as they address the following:
- Tax considerations for employers and employees—payroll (including reciprocal agreements between states), withholding and state unemployment
- Requirements of various federal, state and local agencies including OSHA and CDC
- Compliance requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Family Medical and Leave Act
- Employment policies related to childcare and eligibility for virtual work
- The impact of remote work on nexus with other states, potentially triggering business income, sales, and other property taxes
- The apportionment method commonly used in the DMV to calculate tax by state
It has been five months since COVID-19 introduced the Washington, D.C. metropolitan region and the rest of the country to remote work. Now more than ever, business owners must educate themselves on these issues to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal authorities while successfully managing the sustainability of their business.
Click here to register: https://www.cbmcpa.com/event/virtual-hr-and-tax-considerations-for-the-remote-workforce/