Sarah Conkright is a litigation associate focusing her practice on professional liability and employment law. She counsels and represents clients in matters relating to claims of discrimination, retaliation, whistle-blower actions, wrongful discharge, and unfair labor practices. She has experience in cases involving claims under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, ADEA, FLSA, and other federal, state, and local laws. Her clients include public and private companies, as well as non-profit organizations. She regularly practices in state and federal courts in Virginia and the District of Columbia, as well as in Maryland federal court. She also has experience handling matters pending before the EEOC and federal, state and local agencies.
Sarah also frequently represents clients in professional liability matters. She has successfully defended clients in legal malpractice and other professional negligence actions and has represented clients in state bar complaints. Sarah also provides advice to lawyers and law firms on a variety of ethical issues. Sarah’s analytical skills, legal knowledge, and attention to detail make her a strong advocate for her clients.
Prior to joining Carr Maloney, Sarah served as a law clerk to the Honorable Marcus D. Williams and the Honorable John M. Tran in the 19th Judicial Circuit, Fairfax, Virginia. Sarah graduated magna cum laude from the Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, where she served as production editor of the Catholic University Law Review.
Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law
JD, magna cum laude
University of Virginia
- Recognized on Super Lawyers Rising Star List in 2019 for Civil Litigation-Defense
- Co-author, “DRI Insurance Policy Rescission Compendium- Maryland,” Defense Research Institute, May 2019
- Co-author, “DRI Insurance Policy Rescission Compendium- District of Columbia,” Defense Research Institute, May 2019
- Co-author, “Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Compendium – Maryland,” Defense Research Institute, May 2018
- Co-author, “Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Compendium – District of Columbia,” Defense Research Institute, May 2018
- Co-author, “The Ethics of Technology: Lawyer Competency and Client Confidentiality In The Digital Age,” Legally Speaking Issue 32, July 2016
District of Columbia
U.S. District Courts
District of Columbia
District of Maryland
Eastern District of Virginia
U.S. Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute