Stephen Rutigliano is an associate attorney at Carr Maloney P.C. He focuses his practice on general liability, product liability, professional liability, class action litigation, and toxic and mass torts.
Prior to joining the firm, Stephen was an Associate Attorney at a small litigation firm in Northern Virginia handling various complex family law-related issues and other civil matters.
A graduate from the University of South Carolina School of Law, Stephen was a member of the Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Journal published by the American Bar Association and served as its Production Editor and Student Editorial Staff Member. Stephen also was a member of the Health Law Society and received CALI Awards in Complex Civil Litigation and Business Torts.
During law school, Stephen interned at various litigation firms in Northern Virginia which handled complex personal injury, professional liability, and medical malpractice cases, as well as domestic relations cases.
Stephen graduated from Liberty University with a degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and was the Vice President of the University’s Psychology Club.
University of South Carolina School of Law
- “JUUL: Now in Certified Class Action Flavor,” The Class Action Blog, July 26, 2022
- “Legal Ethics Opinion 1897: Replying All to an Email When the Opposing Party is Copied,” Ethics Exclusive Issue 6, June 30, 2022
- “Legal Ethics Opinion 1898: Accepting Cryptocurrency as an Advance Fee for Legal Services,” Ethics Exclusive Issue 6, June 30, 2022
- “Legal Ethics Opinion 1899: Use of Conversion Clause in Flat Fee Agreements,” Ethics Exclusive Issue 6, June 30, 2022
- “Supreme Court Rules Prejudice Inquiry has no Place in Waiver of Arbitration Contact Provision,” The Class Action Blog, May 27, 2022
- “Court Deems Reasonable Consumers Not Mislead by Frosted Strawberry Pop-Tarts’ Nutritional Value,” The Class Action Blog, April 22, 2022
U.S. District Courts
Eastern District of Virginia
District of Columbia
- Virginia Bar Association
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association: Litigation, Products Liability Section